Employee handbooks helps companies avoid litigation by spelling out the company’s policies and expectations. Employee handbooks are necessary for both employees and employers while they help employees to understand what is expected of them and what they can except from the company. This includes how pay is decided, how their performance is rated, how they receive benefits, how disputes are settled and much more.
We build handbooks that are designed with your companies name in it that is clear, understandable, and reflects the culture of the business as well as taking into consideration federal, state and local employment laws requirements to protect the employer.
With convenience we build handbooks for different operations of a company, meaning if you have a call center and a sales and research center, we place core of the handbook for all employees but include specific policies for specific centers as if one department is hourly paid and the other is a union. Although policies will vary from state to state all handbooks are created for the state the company operates in.
More About the Employee Handbooks
We offer two types of employee handbooks—Basic and Comprehensive. The basic employee handbook comes with a minimum of five (5) sections of policies that most industries need for employees. The comprehensive employee handbook is the maximum policies most industries need for employees with six (6) sections and seventeen (17) added policies.
Included in Employee Handbook
Section 1 - Introduction
· Welcome Statement - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Equal Employment Opportunity
· Employment at Will
· Open Door Policy
Section 2 - Employment Policies
· Employee Categories
· Performance Reviews - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Introductory Period - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Progressive Discipline Policy
Section 3 - Time Away From Work and Other Benefits
· Benefits Overview
· Vacation Benefits
· Sick Days
· Insurance Benefits
· Jury Duty - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Voting Leave - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Military Leave - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Family Medical Leave Act Leave - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Workers' Compensation
Section 4 - On the Job Practices and Policies
· Employment Records - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Pay Day
· Overtime - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Timekeeping - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Working Schedule
· Lactation Breaks
· Direct Deposit
· Company Vehicles
Section 5 - Standards of Conduct
· Non-Harassment Policy / Non-Discrimination Policy
· Sexual Harassment
· Workplace Violence
· Employee Conduct and Work Rules - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Use of Communication and Computer Systems - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Punctuality and Attendance
· Personal and Company Owned Communication Devices
· Personal Visitors and Telephone Calls
· Confidential Company Information - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· No Solicitation / No Distribution
· Conflict of Interest and Business Ethics
· Equipment and Property Including Intellectual Property
· Health and Safety - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Hiring Relatives
· Employee Relationships
· Business Expense Reimbursement
· Recording Policy
· Social Media Policy
· Employee Dress Policy
Section 6 - Acknowledgements
· General Handbook Acknowledgment - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
· Receipt of Non-Harassment Policy - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
-Receipt of Sexual Harassment Policy - Included with Comprehensive Handbook
Having a hard time creating your employee handbook? We take the guess work out of it for you. We make it simply for you to run your business. Just simply send us your business information and we contact you to go over everything, you approve, we create your handbook and deliver for proofreading, your approve, we send you a pdf to use immediately and word document for your future use for edits. Now that's simple!
This is a long form text area designed for your content that you can fill up with as many words as your heart desires. You can write articles, long mission statements, company policies, executive profiles, company awards/distinctions, office locations, shareholder reports, whitepapers, media mentions and other pieces of content that don’t fit into a shorter, more succinct space.
Articles – Good topics for articles include anything related to your company – recent changes to operations, the latest company softball game – or the industry you’re in. General business trends (think national and even international) are great article fodder, too.
Mission statements – You can tell a lot about a company by its mission statement. Don’t have one? Now might be a good time to create one and post it here. A good mission statement tells you what drives a company to do what it does.
Company policies – Are there company policies that are particularly important to your business? Perhaps your unlimited paternity/maternity leave policy has endeared you to employees across the company. This is a good place to talk about that.
Executive profiles – A company is only as strong as its executive leadership. This is a good place to show off who’s occupying the corner offices. Write a nice bio about each executive that includes what they do, how long they’ve been at it, and what got them to where they are.
This is a content preview space you can use to get your audience interested in what you have to say so they can’t wait to learn and read more. Pull out the most interesting detail that appears on the page and write it here.